Education and Training
The design facilities that FCA have been involved in covers high school up to TAFE colleges cooking classes. For high school requirement, depending on the complexity of the courses being taught, the facility could be decked with domestic equipment or a mixed of commercial and domestic equipment. TAFE colleges would have all commercial equipment.
Regardless of the level of complexity on the courses, the layout for a cooking training facility generically have multiple cooking pods that are facing a central cooking line. The central cooking line is the demonstration cooking station. Each of the cookings pods are designed to fit a small group of people (generally between 2-4 person). It is possible that some of the cooking pods be made to accommodate wheelchair bound students.
Some of the present and past projects that FCA are involved in are as follow:
- Peninsula Grammar School, Mt Eliza
- William Angliss Institute, Melbourne
- Holmesglen TAFE, Victoria
- Hume Central Secondary College, Broadmeadows,
- Bendigo South East College, Bendigo
- Kingston High School, Tasmania
- QIC Registered Kitchen, Robina (demonstration kitchen)
- Bayleaf Catering Melbourne (site assessment)