Staff facilities and cafeterias
Designing the F&B layout for staff facilities or cafeteria has one important factor, to be able to serve a high volume of customers in a fixed short time frame. One of the major design consideration is in the front of house service section. The design of the service station will need to be able to disperse the customers quickly in order to get through the throngs of customers that will patronize the facility in a short period of time.
There are many ways to design this, from the traditional tray line service to the modern ‘food court’ style dispersing method, each to its own merits. FCA have designed various projects with multitude of ways to tackle this issue, based on the clients’ requirement.
Projects that FCA are involved in include:
- Ikea Perth and Adelaide
- Hewlett Packard, Forrest Hill
- Mercy Hospital Staff Cafeteria, Heidelberg
- Numerous Prison Facilities in Victoria
- Pentana Solutions, Mount Waverley
- Victoria Police Academy, Mount Waverley
- Lauriston Girls School, Armadale
- Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School, Keilor East
- Haileybury School, Melbourne CBD
- St Leonards Secondary College, Brighton